Bilateral Trade & Investment Overview - Trade
The EU is Turkey's number one import and export partner, accounting for 40.6% of Turkey's total trade in 2015. As a result of the EU-Turkey Customs Union, the EU remained a large, secure, and open market for Turkish exporters. In 2015, the EU received 44.5% of Turkey's exports. In comparison, Turkey is the EU's 5th most important trade partner, accounting for 4% of total EU trade in 2015.
Key Trade Figures:
- Total EU-Turkey trade amounted to €140,714 million in 2015
- The EU imported €61,607 million worth of goods from Turkey in 2015
- €51,392 million in manufactures (83.4%), €10,215 million in primary and other products (16.6%)
- The EU exported €79,107 million worth of goods to Turkey in 2015
- €66,388 million in manufactures (83.9%), €12,719 million in primary and other products (16.1%)