The Earth is Blue as an Orange (74')
International title: The Earth is Blue as an Orange
Original title: The Earth is Blue as an Orange
Ukraine, Lithuania, 2020, 74’
Director: Iryna Tsilyk
- Ukrainian Film Academy Awards 2021; Best Documentary
- ZagrebDox 2021; Movies That Matter Award
- Sundance Film Festival 2020; Directing Award-Documentary
- Ukrainian Film Critics Awards 2020; Best Documentary
- Zurich Film Festival 2020; Special Mention
Synopsis: When poet/filmmaker Iryna Tsilyk first visits the Trofymchuk-Gladky family home in the war-zone town of Krasnohorivka, Ukraine, she is surprised by what she finds: while the outside world is made up of bombings and chaos, single mother Anna and her four children are managing to keep their home as a safe haven, full of life and full of light.
Director’s bio: Iryna Tsilyk graduated from Kyiv National University of Theatre, Cinematography and Television named by Karpenko-Kary in TV directing in 2005. Her previous short fiction and documentary films were presented and awarded at various international film festivals.