The Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nation agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
ECHO is seeking to recruit ONE National Staff to be based in Ankara for the following position.
- Secondary education or equivalent commercial school. Minimum Secretarial Diploma.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum three years of relevant experience (secretarial, Administration, logistic, procurement and protocol).
- Good drafting & communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment,
- Capacity to work in a multi-tasking position.
- Experience in the usage of computers and software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proficiency in English and Turkish (written & spoken) is essential;
The job holder supports the work of Administration & Finance team and/or ensures receptionist functions in the Office.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Turkish national or hold a valid residence and work permit or other proof that he/she is eligible to live and work in Turkey;
- Completion of mandatory military service is required for Turkish male applicants;
- Capable of working under pressure in a multi-tasking position.
Applications MUST comprise of:
- A cover letter setting out briefly the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the position;
- A completed CV in English in the EU standard format only (EUROPASS CV);
- A copy of education certificate/degree;
- A copy of relevant employment certificates.
Applications must be submitted VIA the following website (UNDER THE NAME OF echo) :
The applications must arrive no later than 23rd April 2018 at 00h00 local time Ankara. The CV and cover letter must be saved reporting clearly the reference of the position. (Example: CV_ ref. ESB- AA-2018-21_NAME and Cover Letter _ ref. ESB- AA-2018-21_NAME). The only CV in English will be accepted.
The EUROPASS application and detailed Terms of Reference are available on the EU Delegation’s website as of 9th April 2018 http://avrupa.info.tr/eu-delegation/vacancies/echo.html.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. NO INFORMATION WILL BE GIVEN BY PHONE.
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as a disqualification.