The Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nation agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
ECHO is seeking to recruit ONE National Staff to be based in Ankara for the following position.
- Secondary education or equivalent commercial school (minimum Secretarial Diploma).
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum three years of relevant experience (secretarial, Administration, logistic, procurement and protocol).
- Good drafting & communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment,
- Capacity to work in a multitasking position.
- Experience in the usage of computers and software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.)
- Proficiency in English and Turkish (written & spoken) is essential;
The job holder supports the work of Administration & Finance team and/or ensures receptionist functions in the Office.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Turkish national or hold a valid residence and work permit or other proof that he/she is eligible to live and work in Turkey;
Completion of mandatory military service is required for Turkish male applicants;
Capable of working under pressure in a multitasking position.
Applications MUST comprise of:
- A cover letter setting out briefly the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the position;
- A completed CV in English in the EU standard format only (EUROPASS CV);
- A copy of education certificate/degree;
- A copy of relevant employment certificates.
Applications must be submitted VIA the following website (UNDER THE NAME OF echo) :
The applications must arrive no later than 07th February, 2020 at 23h59 local time Ankara. The CV and cover letter must be saved reporting clearly the reference of the position. (Example : CV_ ref. ESB- AA-2020-01_NAME and Cover Letter _ ref. ESB- AA-2020-01_NAME). Only CV in English will be accepted.
The EUROPASS application and detailed Terms of Reference are available on the EU Delegation’s website as of 24th January 2020 http://avrupa.info.tr/eu-delegation/vacancies/echo.html.
This position is open to nationals and other residents of Turkey with valid work and residence permits. The contract is initially for one year with the possibility of renewal subject to a 6 months’ probationary period. As an indication, the monthly basic salary is on average approximately 1.014 EURO which corresponds to 3 years relevant work experience. The salary will be adapted according to the exact duration of relevant provisional experience supported by a work certificate. In addition to this, the employee will also receive disability/retirement allowance, 13th month salary, family allowance as well as a medical coverage.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. NO INFORMATION WILL BE GIVEN BY PHONE. Candidates who will not have been contacted by 27/02/2020 should consider that they have not been selected. Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as a disqualification.
DG ECHO applies a policy of equal opportunities. Our recruitment policy is based on respect for diversity, maintaining the gender balance, as well as the balance between professional and private life, and support for training and developments opportunities.
Any processing of your personal data will be done in accordance with the applicable EU legislation (Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data.