Garment Training and Entrepreneurship Initiative for Women ("Gate for Women")
Project title: Garment Training and Entrepreneurship Initiative for Women (Gate for Women)
Service component: € 2,135,535 (total € 2,512,395)
Supply component: € 381,513 (total 448,839 €)
Duration: 20 months for service contract and 3 months for supply contract.
Beneficiary: Eastern Black Sea Development Agency
- Increase employability of women in the East Black Sea region (covering Ordu and Giresun) and enhance local capacity in delivering vocational training in the ready-made garment sector.
- Upgrade awareness about women’s participation in the labour force and registered employment in the region whose main economy is dependent on hazelnuts.
- Establish an effective ready-made garment business network for improving the local capacity of ready-made garment sector and increase knowledge about RMG-based initiatives
- Preparation of rraining curricula and training manuals
- Conducting ready made garment (rmg) construction trainings and training of trainers
- Providing guidance and counselling services
- Giving entrepreneurship trainings
- Organizing inspiration seminars for success stories
- Developing of success story videos and visual courses
- Preparation report on women entrepreneurship
- Employability of women is increased and vocational training capacity is improved.
- Awareness about women’s participation in the labour force and registered employment is increased.
- An effective ready-made garment business network is established for improving the local capacity of ready-made garment sector and increasing the knowledge about RMG-based initiatives
- A web-based Training Tool Training and Communication Platform is established which provides resources for both RMG construction and career development. The platform will be accessible through the main page of Ordu, Giresun and Fatsa Chambers of Commerce and Industry web sites.
- Entrepreneurship capacity of women is strengthened.