The European Union Delegation to Turkey is looking for:
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
As a diplomatic mission, the Delegation of the European Union to Turkey operates under the terms of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and is managed by a Head of Delegation who is accredited to the President of the Republic of Turkey with the rank of ambassador. The Delegation has a staff of some 170 agents.
The Delegation maintains close contacts and coordinates its work with the embassies of the member states of the EU accredited to Turkey and maintains a wide range of contacts with public authorities, political parties, business circles, academia and think tanks, civil society organisations and cultural operators. In addition, it implements a comprehensive information and communication programme aimed at fostering the visibility and understanding of the European Union, its values and its activities in Turkey.
Who is eligible – minimum requirements
- A valid residency with work permit covering the duration of assignment is required for all non-Turkish applicants to apply for positions. Non-Turkish applicants must be in possession of a valid residence and work permit at the time of application in order to be considered eligible for employment. The Delegation is not able – under any circumstances – to assist applicants in obtaining either permit with Turkish authorities.
- All Turkish male applicants must have completed compulsory military service and provide discharge documents.
- All applicants should be fit to work to perform the required duties
- All applicants should have clean criminal records.
- All applicants must fully meet required education, experience, languages and competencies depending on the vacancies to be eligible for consideration.
- All applications should consist a cover letter and a CV. We will not consider incomplete applications.
A. VACANT POST WITH INDEFINITE CONTRACT DURATION
- Vacancy No I
- Job title 113459- Budget Officer
- Section Finance, Contracts and Audit Section
- Category Group I- Administrative, Advisory and Supervisory Posts
- Vacancy No II
- Job title 273210- Office Support Agent
- Section Administration Section
- Category Group IV- Clerical Posts
B. VACANT POSTS WITH DEFINITE CONTRACT DURATION
- Vacancy No III (contract duration 3 years)
- Job title 254737- Administrative Assistant
- Section Administration Section
- Category Group II- Executive Posts
- Vacancy No IV (contract duration 3 years)
- Job title 255498- Secretary
- Section COOP3- Facility For Refugees in Turkey Section
- Category Group III- Senior Clerical Posts
Please refer to the Job Descriptions linked to the Job Titles for the requirements of the posts. Under these posts, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation.
This job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function, the successful candidate will serve as support staff to the relevant Section under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Section.
The length of the working week shall be 37.5 hours. The place of employment is Ankara.
The starting basic salary will be corresponding to the salary in the corresponding Group step 1.
- Vacancies I and III: For every 2 years of previous relevant, documented work experience, an additional step will be given
- Vacancy II and IV: For every years of previous relevant, documented work experience, an additional step will be given
Final grading and starting step will be established after recruitment is finalized and following the evaluation and approval of relevant and proven experience by EU Headquarters.
- Vacancies I and II: Contract will be given for unlimited period, including a 2 month probationary period
- Vacancies III and IV: Employment contract is of maximum limited duration of three (3) years linked to the Commission Decision of 24.07. 2018 C(2018) 4959 on the Facility for Refugees in Turkey (amending Commission Decision C(2015)9500). The probationary period is 2 months
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
How to apply
- Vacancies I and II: Please send your application and supporting documents to below mail indicating the Job Title in the subject line reference (i.e "113459- Budget Officer " or "273210- Office Support Agent". The package should include a cover letter (letter of motivation) and a detailed CV (please use template at EUROPASS CV)
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to [DELEGATION-TURKEY LOCALSTAFF-APPLICATIONS@eeas.europa.eu].
- Vacancies III and IV: Please send your application to corresponding mail address below indicating the Job Title in the subject line of the e-mail (i.e. "254737- Administrative Assistant " or "255498- Secretary"). The package should include a cover letter (letter of motivation) and a detailed CV (please use template at EUROPASS CV)
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to [DELEGATION-TURKEY-APPLICATIONS FRIT-LA@eeas.europa.eu]
For Vacancies I, II and III: 21 October 2019, 18h00
For Vacancy IV: 04 November 2019, 18h00
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited. Where no suitable candidate has been identified following the interviews, the position will be re-published.
The Delegation of the European Union promotes actively a non-discrimination and equal opportunities policy on recruitments; in case of equal candidates, preference will be given to the gender in minority in team/category.
Procedure on Data Protection:
* * *