Submit your IT solution for the Sharing & Reuse Awards!
The European Commission invites you to take part in the second edition of the Sharing & Reuse Awards Contest organised as part of the ISA² programme’s Sharing and Reuse action.
Have you been working on digitalising public services successfully? Have you developed a solution which falls into one of the categories mentioned below? Share your experience by submitting your entry in this contest! Public administrations looking for specific IT solutions will be interested to see how you have addressed similar challenges and learn how to reuse the open source software or shared IT services that you have developed. Bring visibility to your exceptional work!
The prizes to be won are €15,000 for the winning team and €10,000 for the runner-up in each of these 4 categories:
- Most innovative open source software
- Open source software with the biggest impact on citizens or businesses
- Most innovative shared IT services (commonly developed or shared)
- Shared IT services (commonly developed or shared) with the biggest impact on citizens or businesses
Please read the procedure guide carefully before filling in the submission form. It is important that you provide details about your IT solution and its potential for wider reuse. The 2017 edition of the Sharing & Reuse Awards Contest with 118 applications was a great success, so we hope 2019 will be even better!
To participate in the contest, your solution needs to meet the following criteria:
- Must be developed by or for a public administration from an EU Member State, EFTA country, or EU candidate country (Albania, the former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey).
- Is being reused by at least one public administration.
- Is either open source software or an IT shared service.
- Its description is published on Joinup. (If your solution is not yet on Joinup at the time of your contest registration, the Joinup Support Team will be available to help you publish your solution).
- Its description is provided in English.
- Solutions which received a monetary reward in the previous contest (S&R 2017) are not eligible to participate. Those which were in the third or fourth place and received a certificate of excellence can be submitted if they fall into one of the categories.
Your solutions will be assessed by an Evaluation Committee and a Jury in two steps based on the following criteria:
- Solution design and governance: the extent to which open standards are used and/or complied with; the level of documentation of the solution and the quality of the design; level of cooperation, cross-border cooperation, collaboration between institutions, and identification of a governance model supporting the solution.
- Impact/extent of reuse: the business model of the solution; the realisation of planned objectives and activities; proven evidence of benefits (including savings established though reusing instead of developing from scratch); visible impact and tangible results; savings or results that could still be produced; number of reuse cases and details of plans for future reuse and ongoing effort; reuse of existing services of other organisations; reuse of application’s modules by other applications.
- Sustainability: extent to which the solution shows elements which allow it to be sustained after its objectives are achieved; extent to which the sustainability is guaranteed; technical documentation; business model documentation; maintenance; high availability.
- Innovation (for category 1 and 3): technological innovation; business process innovation; social Innovation.
- User-centricity (for category 2 and 4): accessibility to citizens; personalised data; personalised services; notifications; mobile devices.
To participate in the contest, you should fill in the online submission form. Please note that the contest entry, any supporting documents, and solution description must be provided in English. However, the solution itself does not have to be in English. The deadline for submissions is 28 February 2019.
The Commission will inform the 16 shortlisted solution owners via e-mail by 25 April 2019. Their representatives will be invited to the Sharing & Reuse Awards ceremony on 11 June 2019 in Bucharest, Romania and will be given the opportunity to present their solution.
- Do you need more information regarding the submission process? Go to the Full version of the procedure guide.
Get in touch by e-mailing us at the following address: DIGIT-SR-AWARDS@ec.europa.eu
Linkedin: ISA2 Programme
Youtube: ISA2 videos