Ordu Water and Wastewater Treatment Project
The project covers the East, Central, and West catchment areas of the Ordu city centre with 155,000 inhabitants.
It is comprised of:
- Construction of the main wastewater treatment plant (WWTP), to serve the Eastern and Central parts of Ordu city centre;
- Partial rehabilitation of the water supply network, which needs urgent attention, and construction of water storage tanks;
- Partial rehabilitation of the sewage network, identified as high priority;
- Technical assistance package aiming at 1) a leak detection study, 2) a survey in order to find the illegal connections to and from the storm water system, 3) supervision of construction, 4) capacity-building and awareness activities, 5) development of the drinking water monitoring programme and, as the present project targets only the most urgent investment in the networks, 6) technical assistance for preparation of the next phase of the investment project;
- Supply of an ICP-OES and a mobile laboratory for drinking and wastewater analysis, and a combined suction/flushing vehicle.
Construction of the main WWTP and retrofitting of the existing WWTP is completed, and supplies have been purchased for the Metropolitan Municipality. Rehabilitation of the water supply network and rehabilitation of the sewerage network, and technical assistance and supervision work are ongoing, and are expected to be completed by the end of 2017.
Only 10 beaches along the Black Sea coast of Türkiye are Blue Flag certified, and Akyazı Beach, located at the Ordu city centre, is among them. Without the WWTPs, the Blue Flag may have been withdrawn.
 Inductively coupled plasma-optical emission spectrometry