Promoting Integration of Syrian Children into Turkish Education System
Status of Action: Signed by the last part on 3.10.2016.
EU funding: EUR 300 000 000
3rd Party Contributions: n.a.
Duration: 24 Months
Beneficiaries: Syrian children under temporary protection in 23 provinces (Şanlıurfa, Hatay, İstanbul, Gaziantep, Adana, Mersin, Kilis, Mardin, Bursa, İzmir, Konya, Ankara, Kahramanmaraş, Kayseri, Osmaniye, Diyarbakır, Adıyaman, Kocaeli, Batman, Malatya, Şırnak, Antalya, Siirt)
Implementing Partners: Ministry of National Education
Overall objective: Contribute to the access of Syrians under temporary protection to education in Turkey
- Provision of Turkish and Arabic Language courses for Syrian children
- Provision of catch-up and back-up training courses for Syrians children
- Provision of school transfer for Syrian students
- Distribution of complementary teaching materials to Syrian children
- Awareness raising on educational opportunities for Syrian students
- Revision, development and purchase of educational material
- Development of examination system to determine academic levels and Turkish language skills of Syrian teachers and students
- Provision of psychological, counselling and counselling services
- Provision of secure, hygienic and proper learning environments in schools
- Provision of education equipment to schools and TECs
- Provision of training for administrative and other staff of MoNE
- Development of web-based monitoring software
- 390,000 Syrian children received TR language training.
- 10,000 Syrian children received Arabic language training.
- 10.000 Syrian students participated in catch-up classes.
- 20,000 Syrian students received additional back-up training
- 40,000 Syrian students received transportation service to school.
- 500,000 Syrian children received complementary teaching materials
- 390.000 Turkish and 10 000 Arabic educational materials were revised or developed and distributed.
- An examination system for determining the academic levels and Turkish language skills of Syrian teachers and students developed.
- Psychological, counselling and counselling services provided to 500 schools
- 500 Public schools and TECs daily secured and cleaned.
- 500 schools and TECs adequately equipped.
- 15,000 teachers received training in how to educate Syrian students
- 2,000 MoNE administration staff increased capacity to handle Syrian students.