Training Of Textile Support Staff Project (Promoting Youth Employment in Sectoral Investment Areas Grant Scheme II)
EU funding: 258,267.78 EUR
3rd Party Contributions: 29,416 EUR
Duration: 12 months (completed on 28.02.2017)
Beneficiaries: Erciyes University
Implementing Partners: Kayseri Melikgazi Public Education Center, Kayseri Chamber of Commerce, Kayseri Municipality
Overall objective: To contribute to the employment of young people in the region by training textile support members and entrepreneurs needed in the textile sector.
To provide training for unemployed young people in Kayseri to establish their own workplaces by enhancing their knowledge, skills, professional and entrepreneurial qualities in the sector and to increase their employability.
- Increasing the awareness of sector representatives and society through written and visual media.
- Establishment of laboratories for computer-aided physical and chemical testing and analysis, establishment of textile workshop for confection and printing.
- The qualifications and vocational skills of the 60 trainees were increased by applying internship program at the end of the training periods.
- Increased competitiveness by organizing technical trips to the biggest textile fair in Germany with the 12 most successful trainees.
- 30 trainees who are successful were employed.
- The satisfaction of firms employing qualified staff has increased and their competitiveness has increased.
- The income levels of the families of the trainees who were employed increased.