Coins and bar charts

Types of financing

Funding comes under the form of institution-building or investments.

Institution-building is supported through technical assistance (service contracts), grants with calls for proposals or direct awards, and through twinning with EU Member States.

On the other hand, investments come as procurement of supplies or works, often in combination with complementary capacity-building activities.


Twinning is a European Union instrument for institutional cooperation between the Public Administrations of EU Member States and beneficiary or partner countries.

Twinning projects bring together public sector expertise from EU Member States and beneficiary countries with the aim of achieving concrete mandatory operational results through peer-to-peer activities. For more, please go to: