Unimpeded Life Through Vocational Education (Improving Social Integration and Employability of Disadvantages Persons Grant Scheme)
EU funding: 219,840.47 EUR
3rd Party Contributions: 11,595 EUR
Duration: 12 months (31.10.2017)
Beneficiaries: Bunyan Municipality
Implementing Partners: Anadolu Association of Disabled People
Overall objective: The inclusion of disadvantaged persons, including disadvantaged groups in Turkey into the labour market through vocational training activities, the enhancement of their employability and the integration of social life.
- Providing sign language training for instructors and staff members who will work in the guidance office.
- Giving vocational training on carpet weaving for people with mental and physical disabilities.
- Legislative training on disability rights for families of disabled persons.
- Improvement of behaviour and motivation workshops for people.
- Increasing the social integration of people with disabilities by organising cultural activities.
- Organising the exhibition and closing meeting.
- Providing employment opportunities.
- Establishment of the Office for Counselling.
- 10 instructors and 3 staff members received sign language training.
- 320 hours vocational training on carpet weaving was given to 120 people with mental and physical disabilities.
- 120 days of legislative training on disability rights was given to disabled people's families.
- Improvement of behaviour and motivation workshop was provided for 300 people.
- Increased the social integration of people with disabilities by organizing cultural activities.
- 40 disabled people were employed by the public education center.