The European Commission’s European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO), funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nation agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Aid is channeled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
ECHO is recruiting ONE National Staff to be based in Gaziantep as Administrative Assistant. Interested candidates can apply to this vacancy provided that they meet the minimum eligibility criteria as summarized below (detailed Terms of Reference are available on the website of the EU Delegation in Turkey).
ONE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT based in Gaziantep
- Secondary education or equivalent commercial school.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience;
- Good drafting skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Capacity to work in a multitasking position;
- Previous experience in a Governmental or other International Organisation is an advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Fluency in English and excellent knowledge of Turkish (written & spoken) is essential;
- Good knowledge of Arabic is an asset.
The job holder supports the work of Administration & Finance team and ensures receptionist functions in the Office.
Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Turkish national or hold a valid residence and work permit or other proof that he/she is eligible to live and work in Turkey;
- Completion of mandatory military service is required for Turkish male applicants;
- Capable of working under pressure in a multi-tasking position.
Applications MUST comprise of:
- A cover letter setting out briefly the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the position;
- A completed CV in English in the EU standard format only (EUROPASS CV);
- A copy of education certificate/degree;
- A copy of relevant employment certificates.
Applications must be submitted VIA the following website (UNDER THE NAME OF echo):
The applications must arrive no later than Friday 23rd February 2018 at 00h00 local time Gaziantep. The CV and cover letter must be saved reporting clearly the reference of the position. (Example : CV_ ref. GZT-AA-2018-22_NAME and Cover Letter _ ref. GZT-AA-2018-22). Only CV in English will be accepted.
The EUROPASS application and detailed Terms of Reference are available on the EU Delegation’s website as of Wednesday 7th February 2018 http://avrupa.info.tr/eu-delegation/vacancies/echo.html.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. NO INFORMATION WILL BE GIVEN BY PHONE.
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as a disqualification.