The European Union Delegation to Turkey is hiring Local Agents
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
As a diplomatic mission, the Delegation of the European Union to Turkey operates under the terms of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and is managed by a Head of Delegation who is accredited to the President of the Republic of Turkey with the rank of ambassador. The Delegation has a staff of some 170 agents.
The Delegation maintains close contacts and coordinates its work with the embassies of the Member States of the EU accredited to Turkey and maintains a wide range of contacts with public authorities, political parties, business circles, academia and think tanks, civil society organisations and cultural operators. In addition, it implements a comprehensive information and communication programme aimed at fostering the visibility and understanding of the European Union, its values and its activities in Turkey.
Who is eligible to apply – minimum requirements
- In order to pass to the selection stage, applicants must meet the published education, professional and language requirements of the specific vacancy. The official job offer to the successful candidate will be subject to submission of below documents:
- a positive medical certificate
- originals of diplomas
- originals of employment certificates from previous employers, stating the exact dates of employment and job title
- (applicable to only non-Turkish nationals or candidates whose mother tongue is not Turkish and where fluent Turkish is a requirement) the certificate confirming the Turkish language level is as required in the published vacancy. The certificate should be issued by an organisation authorised to provide such certificates (e.g. Tomer or equivalent).
- If a non-national candidate is selected for recruitment, he/she must present a valid residence permit. Provided the candidate has a valid residence permit but has not yet obtained a valid work permit, the Delegation may provide a signed job offer subject to obtaining the work permit within an established deadline. The deadline for obtaining the work permit will be decided by the Delegation on case by case basis reflecting the interests of the service and local practice. If the residence and/or work permits presented by the non-national candidate are of a fixed-term nature, an indefinite duration contract may be concluded with a clause stating that the contract would be automatically rescinded if the employee is no longer in possession of the necessary residence and work permits according to local law... All associated costs for obtaining work permit shall be borne by the applicant.
- All applicants should be fit to work to perform the required duties. In the case of an external recruitment, the candidate shall be requested to undergo a medical examination to confirm medical fitness for carrying out the duties of the post before signing the contract.
- All applicants should have clean criminal records.
- All Turkish male applicants must have completed compulsory military service and provide discharge documents.
- All applications should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV (please use template at EUROPASS CV). We will not consider incomplete applications.
- By way of applying to vacancies announced, the applicants authorize the EU Delegation to Turkey to verify all statements made on the application and any attachments to the application and to contact the former employers and/or other listed references
VACANT POST WITH INDEFINITE CONTRACT DURATION
- Vacancy No I
Please refer to the Job Descriptions linked to the Job Titles for the requirements of the posts. Under these posts, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation.
This job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as support staff to the relevant Section under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Section.
The length of the working week shall be 37.5 hours. The place of employment is Ankara.
The starting basic salary will be corresponding to the salary in the corresponding Group step 1.
- Vacancy I: For every 2 years of previous relevant, documented work experience, an additional step will be given
Final grading and starting step will be established after recruitment is finalized and following the evaluation and approval of relevant and proven experience by EU Headquarters.
- Vacancy I: Contract will be given for unlimited period, including a 2 month probationary period
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to below mail indicating the Job Title in the subject line reference (i.e "330380- Secretary"). The package should include a cover letter (letter of motivation) and a detailed CV (please use template at EUROPASS CV)
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to [DELEGATION-TURKEY LOCALSTAFF-APPLICATIONS@eeas.europa.eu].
For Vacancy I: 24/07/2020, COB
After the submission deadline, the applications will be checked for eligibility. Only eligible candidates will be considered by the Selection Committee to be included in a longlist and/or shortlist, depending on the total number of the eligible applications, with the most suitable profiles based on the information provided in their applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to a written test and/or interview.
The Delegation shall inform the applicants on recruitment of a successful candidate and, thus, completion of the recruitment procedure (or not), by updating the status of the vacancy notice on the Delegation's website. The same means of communication shall be used to inform candidates if there is a substantial delay in any deadlines set for the recruitment procedure.
Where no suitable candidate has been identified following the interviews, the position will be re-published.
By respecting the principle of gender equality, in case of candidates of equal scoring in a recruitment procedure, the Delegation will give preference to the gender in minority in the hiring section.
The EU Delegation to Turkey has the legal obligation to follow data protection rules and notify the activities at work which include the processing of personal data. For general information on data protection within the Delegation, please consult the privacy statement on Privacy Statement on Recruitment of Local Agents.
* * *