Make a Difference, Add Value to Local
EU funding: 243.473,15 EUR
Duration: 12 months
Beneficiaries: Akdeniz University
Implementing Partners: Adrasan Belediyesi (Adrasan Municipality), Kemer Turizm Eğitim Merkezi (Kemer Tourism Education Center)
Overall objective: It aims to contribute for increasing the employment of the young people who have a significant share in the country's population but cannot take place in the employment market adequately; and make a difference locally.
- Supporting 30 young people to gain the basic skills and competences that will increase the employment potential in tourism which is the leading field of Adrasan region through trainings.
- Participation of 30 young women who live in the town and have not had a regular income, in the labour force by considering the cultural values of Adrasan and protecting the natural environment.
- Analysis made on the young woman living in Adrasan
- Cultural values unique to Adrasan were unearthed and presented as a product.
- Prefabricated Workshop Office for Ecological Product Development Training was established.
- 60 young people received Cooking and Ecological Product Development Training and 30 internship opportunities were offered.
- General and entrepreneurial skills of young people were improved.
- Young women came together and set up their own business.
- A guidebook on young workers in tourism was prepared.
- Agro Tourism seminar was held twice for public participation.
- 60 students receiving tranings, were taught English as a tourist, taking vocational courses.
- 30 menus were created and 5 gourmet chats were organized.
- Within the scope of Adrasan's Tat Kat Days.
- Touristic sales products containing local food and souvenirs were created and sold in the local product market.
- The understanding of cooperation, solidarity and equality between young people has improved.
- A study trip to Ayvalık was organized with 30 young people living in the region for research, investigation, presentation and good practice examples of local products.