Artuklu’s Women Refugees: Empowerment and Social Inclusion of Women Refugees from a Gender Equality Perspective (ongoing)
EU Funding: EUR 267,309.78
Duration: 24 months (end date: 31/12/2018)
Beneficiaries: Mardin Joint Women's Cooperation Association / Mardin Ortak Kadın İşbirliği Derneği (The women’s NGO implementing the project, women, children and men living in the province, local administrations in the province, public institutions/organisations, the private sector, opinion leaders, refugee women and their children in the province, the general public.)
Implementing Partners: Mardin Joint Women's Cooperation Association / Mardin Ortak Kadın İşbirliği Derneği
Overall Objective: Overall objective is to contribute to the development of social peace and harmony in Turkey in line with gender equality.
To increase the capability for working with refugees of the project implementer women’s organisation, NGOs and individuals willing to work with women refugees; To raise the awareness of refugees’ rights of the local community; To raise the awareness of refugees’ rights of institutions, organisations, municipalities, the private sector and NGOs and to develop cooperation for support services to refugees in the province of Mardin; To impart a gender aware view of women refugees to opinion leaders; To empower refugee women and to build their capacity for adapting to Turkey.
- Training for increasing the awareness of the implementer women’s organisation and volunteers for other NGOs in increasing their capacity of approaching women refugees with gender equality awareness and for capacity building for the women’s consultation centre (KDM), preparation of training materials and forms; Awareness raising training on the rights of women refugees for women, men and children in the province, preparation of training materials and visuals; Training towards institutions, organisations, municipalities, the private sector, universities and NGOs in the province;
- Awareness raising training for opinion leaders;
- Training towards empowering refugee women, get-together activities towards the establishment of social peace and harmony;
- Monitoring and Assessment will be carried out.
- Bilingual guide books (Turkish/Arabic and Turkish/Kurdish) for the use of refugees will be prepared.
NGO volunteers with increased awareness on solidarity with women refugees; A local community that has adapted to refugee women and children; Public institutions/organisations, private sector and local administrations which evaluate the migrant crisis from the perspective of gender and which have increased awareness of refugees’ rights; opinion leaders with increased awareness on women refugees; Empowered women and their children.