Temporary Local Agents
GENERAL INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR TEMPORARY LOCAL AGENT POSTS
The European Union Delegation to Turkey is hiring Temporary Local Agent
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 28 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
As a diplomatic mission, the Delegation of the European Union to Turkey operates under the terms of the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations and is managed by a Head of Delegation who is accredited to the President of the Republic of Turkey with the rank of ambassador. The Delegation has a staff of some 170 agents.
The Delegation maintains close contacts and coordinates its work with the embassies of the Member States of the EU accredited to Turkey and maintains a wide range of contacts with public authorities, political parties, business circles, academia and think tanks, civil society organisations and cultural operators. In addition, it implements a comprehensive information and communication programme aimed at fostering the visibility and understanding of the European Union, its values and its activities in Turkey.
Who is eligible to apply – minimum requirements
- In order to pass to the selection stage, applicants must meet the published education, professional and language requirements of the specific vacancy. The official job offer to the successful candidate will be subject to submission of below documents:
- a positive medical certificate
- originals of diplomas
- the certificate confirming the Turkish language level is as required in the published vacancy (applicable to only non-Turkish nationals or candidates whose mother tongue is not Turkish and where fluent Turkish is a requirement). The certificate should be issued by an organisation authorised to provide such certificates (e.g. Tomer or equivalent).
- If a non-national candidate is selected for recruitment, he/she must present a valid residence permit. Provided the candidate has a valid residence permit but has not yet obtained a valid work permit, the Delegation may provide a signed job offer subject to obtaining the work permit within an established deadline. The deadline for obtaining the work permit will be decided by the Delegation on case by case basis reflecting the interests of the service and local practice. If the residence and/or work permits presented by the non-national candidate are of a fixed-term nature, an indefinite duration contract may be concluded with a clause stating that the contract would be automatically rescinded if the employee is no longer in possession of the necessary residence and work permits according to local law. All associated costs for obtaining work permit shall be borne by the applicant.
- All applicants should be fit to work to perform the required duties. In the case of an external recruitment, the candidate shall be requested to undergo a medical examination to confirm medical fitness for carrying out the duties of the post before signing the contract.
- All applicants should have clean criminal records.
- All applications should consist of a cover letter and a Europass CV (…). We will not consider incomplete applications.
- By way of applying to vacancies announced, the applicants authorize the EU Delegation to Turkey to verify all statements made on the application and any attachments to the application and to contact the former employers and/or other listed references
- The Delegation of the European Union to Turkey has the following Temporary Local Agent vacancy in the following area:
- The salary depends on an existing salary scale. Gross salary is paid, from which the appropriate SSK deductions will be made by the Delegation. Successful candidates are liable for their own income tax.
- The vacancy will be filled as soon as possible..
- Contract will be given for a maximum duration of 7.5 months.Extension can be possible.
- Each candidate must provide the following;
Letter of motivation in English
Curriculum vitae in English preferably using the standard form given with this notice (CV Europass).
- Applications should be sent to the below e-mail address. The subject line of your application must bear the post name as indicated above.
- Applications must be sent to the above e-mail address within the deadline:
17 July 2020, COB
- It is not the practice of the Delegation to enter into correspondence regarding its selection and recruitment procedures details of which are set out above. Only short-listed candidates will be informed of the result of the selection process.
- Applications will be selected based on their CV and in line with the job requirements.
- The Delegation of the European Union promotes actively a non-discrimination and equal opportunities policy on recruitments.
The EU Delegation to Turkey has the legal obligation to follow data protection rules and notify the activities at work which include the processing of personal data. For general information on data protection within the Delegation, please consult the privacy statement on Privacy Statement on Recruitment of Local Agents.
* * *